I haven’t been able to write as much as I want to. There’s been so much going on and though my intentions are to always update and please my readers, life gets in the way!
But I do want to make a brief summary of the last couple of weeks:
- I had my first clam. My ex-boss yelled at me last year, when I didn’t want to try Sushi. He told me: “Is this the way you wanna go through life, never trying new things? Is that really the kinda boring person you are?” So I tried Sushi. And I love Sushi. I tried clam. I did not like clam. And he said: “You learned. – Good, more for me then!”
- I signed my first lease. Well, I’ve signed leases many times before. But this is my first one in America and a lot different than in Denmark. There’s so much paperwork involved and the lease itself is very .. fancy! I wanted to read the whole thing to make sure I didn’t sign something I don’t want to sign. After all. This is the country of civil suits.
- I saw the 4th of July firework from a rooftop in Chelsea. Fireworks is fine. It doesn’t impress me too much. But it was nice.
- I opened a bank account. Do you know how hard that is, when you’re not a citizen and have yet to receive a social security number?
- I ride the cab too often. Which is bad. But fun. Fun and bad at the same time. And costly. From now on I’m taking the bus.
- I survived having a roommate! I always say that I will never ever have a roommate but since I didn’t have an apartment when I got here, one of my friends offered I could stay with her. I thought it was only going to be a couple of days. But, it turned out to be 40 days! She’s super nice to open her home for me in the first place. And it worked out! We had so much fun. It was truly an interesting time and I will forever remember the adventure of ‘Z and I’! (Thank you, girl!!) She is by the way a photographer. Check out some of her work:http://butterflies143.blogspot.com/
- I lost 6lbs. I’m obsessed with my scale, but got rid of it in Denmark. So the last month and a half I’ve had no idea of my weight (terrifies me since I’ve done next to nothing to loose weight!) So, when I finally bought one in Bed, Bath and Beyond the other day I was pleased to see that I’ve actually shed 6lbs. That’s pretty awesome!
- I ate food from 8 different cuisines. At least! In New York you have all the opportunities to try something different every single day. Mexican, Portuguese, Colombian, Brazilian, Japanese, Russian .. and of course Chinese and American.
- I made like 30 new Facebook friends! Which IS an achievement, since I have certain criteria you need to fulfill. Hah!
- I haven’t been in Central Park or seen Statue of Liberty yet. It’s been 1.5 month. And yes, I’ve been too busy. This is also kinda impressive because I looooove Central Park and I always go to take a look at Liberty because it reminds me of my goals and dreams.
- Oh, and I had calamari! I’m not impressed. Interesting enough I don’t really enjoy seafood so much but I love Sushi. What’s up with that?
- I love IKEA! I realized I can’t live without Ikea. Furniture in USA is really different from the Scandinavian design I so love and even though I had the best intentions of NOT turning into an Ikea addict, I think that I by the 3rd visit to Ikea within a week just blew it! (Just count the amount of times I said Ikea in the past sentence!)
- … <3